Installation of air conditioning in audi 90 typ 85

• What is needed for the installation of air conditioning in the Audi 90 typ 85 and matches what the Audi 90 typ 89 such as: air conditioning compressor, cooler air? I accept all suggestions ... greeting

• Hi,

unfortunately there is no part at all matching of the air condition of type 85 and type 89, they are completely different.

You could only try to get used parts of a type 85 air condition (sometimes in ebay), but I guess most of them are in bad condition.

good luck
    Josef

• Thanks for your response, I'll try to find air condition for audi typ 85 .. not impossible :)

• Some parts:

pipeworks
    York compressor (including the mounting brackets),
    mounting brackets for the alternator (needs to be mounted on the other side of the engine, in front of the radiator)
    condenser (does your car have the correct radiator to mount it on?)
    vaporizer
    drier
    airbox
    ventilator resistor (for 4 speed levels instead of the normal 3 level)
    interiour items like control switch, footrest cover plate, different hand glove box which is less deep to make the room for the vaporizer)
    wiring harness (towards compressor clutch, but also the battery cable from the alternator)

And probably i still forgot something....

Your biggest problem will be to get all the parts in a good state. The compressor can be refurbished easily.

The hoses/pipes are also an issue. The front hose from compressor to the condenser runs closely in front of the powersteering v-belt. If the hose is mounted incorrectly this hose gets damaged by the belt.
    Of course, like almost any other part of the typ 81/85, you can not buy these anymore from the dealer. Especially all the aircon parts...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!